Orange, Ginger and Shrimp Wontons
24 or 48 small wontons
- 8 oz. cooked shrimp, small diced
- 1 tsp. Orange Flavor
- 4 oz. green cabbage, julienne
- 2 ribs celery, sliced thin
- ¼ bunch chopped scalions
- 2 oz. carrot, julienne
- 3 oz. red onion, julienne
- 3 oz. red pepper, julienne
- 1½ tsp. chopped garlic
- grated rind of one orange
- 2½ tsp. Ginger Puree
- wonton wrappers
- 1 Tbsp. Shrimp Base
- 1 Combine all ingredients (except wrappers) in a stainless steel bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- 2 Place a wonton wrapper on the work surface with the corners at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock.
- 3 Place a heaping tablespoon of the mixture on the wrapper at 6 o’clock.
- 4 Take the corner at 6 o’clock and fold it towards the center. Take the corners from 3 and 9 o’clock and fold them towards the center.
- 5 Wet the top point with a little water, and roll the whole thing towards 12 o’clock.
- 6 Place on a pan with the seam side down and repeat the process until done.
- 7 Fry wontons at 350* until golden brown.
- 8 Mix 2 drops of Horseradish Flavor per tablespoon of orange marmalade and use as a dipping sauce.