- 1½ lbs. Veal Shank or Shoulder Chop
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 3 oz. onion, minced
- 5 oz. carrots, minced
- 4 oz. celery, minced
- 2 oz. white wine
- 6 oz. prepared RC Demi Glace Mix
- 8 oz. prepared RC Beef Base of your choice (1 tsp. beef base in 8 oz. water)
- 2 oz. tomato sauce
- salt and black pepper
- 32-1 oz. tart shells
- Gremolata Topping
- 1 Season veal with salt and pepper. Dust with flour and remove excess.
- 2 Heat vegetable oil in a sauté pan and brown veal.
- 3 Remove browned veal and add chopped garlic.
- 4 Sauté until garlic is a golden brown.
- 5 Add minced onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6 Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce volume by half.
- 7 Add veal, RC Demi Glace, RC Beef Base and tomato sauce.
- 8 Bring to a boil, cover and braise covered in a 350° oven until veal is fork tender.
- 9 Cool mixture and remove all bones and any fat.
- 10 Break up the veal and combine with the braising sauce.