- 12 oz. bacon, julienne
- 7 lbs. potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. Roasted Garlic Base
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions, rough chopped
- 2 ribs celery, rough chopped
- 2 carrots, rough chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. flour
- 10 oz. spinach, chopped
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 5 quarts prepared Chicken Base of your choice
- 1 Heat olive oil and sauté the vegetables until tender.
- 2 Add bay leaves, thyme, parsley, prepared RC Chicken Base, RC Roasted Garlic Base and potatoes.
- 3 Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 4 In another pan, sauté the bacon until crisp.
- 5 Remove the bacon and reserve for later use.
- 6 Add the flour to the bacon fat and make a blond roux.
- 7 Add to the potato pot and mix well.
- 8 Remove the bay leaves, add the spinach, and puree the potato and vegetable mixture until smooth.
- 9 Add the crisped bacon and heavy cream.