Prime Rib Roast with Roast Garlic Au Jus Gravy
14- 1 inch slices with ¼ cup Au Jus Gravy per slice
- 1 – whole 7 bone -in Beef Rib Roast
- 1 lb. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. RC Garlic Base
- 2 Tbsp. RC Oven Roasted Beef Base
- black pepper, ground
- 1 qt. RC Au Jus Gravy Mix, prepared
- 1 Record weight of raw Beef Rib Roast.
- 2 Estimate cooking time 15 – 20 minutes per lb.
- 3 Remove Roast from refrigeration 2-3 hours before preparing and roasting, this will ensure even cooking.
- 4 When ready to roast, pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- 5 Blend softened butter with RC Garlic Base and RC Oven Roasted Beef Base, then spread over entire roast.
- 6 Season with salt and black pepper to your liking.
- 7 Place seasoned Rib Roast in a rack inside of a roasting pan large enough to hold the roast.
- 8 Place roasting pan with seasoned Rib Roast in center rack position in the oven.
- 9 Cook for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F and cook for another 1½ hours approx.
- 10 Depending on the degree of doneness you enjoy, it’s important to take the Rib Roast out of the oven 10 degrees less than the degree of doneness you want.
- 11 Let the Rib Roast rest out of the oven loosely tented with foil for 20 minutes before carving.
- 12 Deglaze the roasting pan while Rib Roast is resting with 1 cup red wine and 1 cup prepared RC Oven Roasted Beef Base.
- 13 Mix pan drippings together and strain into the prepared RC Au Jus Gravy Mix.
NotesTo make a rich Garlic Flavored Au Jus, add an additional tsp. of RC Garlic Base to the prepared RC Au Jus Gravy. Internal Cooking Temperatures measured in the center of the Rib Roast while cooking:
Rare - is 120°F. Remove from oven when it is 115°F.
Medium Rare - is 125°F. Remove from oven when it is 118°F.
Medium - is 130°F. Remove from oven at 123°F.
Medium Well Done - is 135°F. Remove from oven at 127°F
Value Added Suggestions: Serve with prepared RC Horseradish Mustard Sandwich Sauce on the side.
Roasted Garlic Base, Oven Roasted Beef Base, Au Jus Gravy Mix