- 1 each medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 gallon Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Vegetable Base
- 1 gallon Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Reduced Sodium Seafood Base
- 2 bay leaves
- 44 oz. canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsp. GF tomato paste
- 2 oz. canola oil
- 4 oz. chopped shallots
- 2 oz. chopped garlic
- 1½ lb. shrimp raw peeled and deveined
- 4 oz. cream sherry
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 24 oz. fat free sour cream
- 1 Combine butternut squash, carrots, onion and both prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Vegetable and Seafood Bases together in a soup pot and add bay leaves.
- 2 Simmer the mixture until all the vegetables are soft.
- 3 Remove the bay leaves and add canned pumpkin and tomato paste, heat the mixture to 165°F.
- 4 In a sauté pan add canola oil and sauté until shallots are slightly browned and add chopped garlic and toast to a golden brown.
- 5 Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink and add sherry.
- 6 Reduce the mixture by ⅓ and add to soup pot.
- 7 Add fresh thyme and pumpkin pie spice and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8 Add sour cream and then blend soup mixture with an immersion blender or blender.
- 9 Season to taste with additional RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Vegetable Base and pumpkin pie spice.