- 4 lbs. fresh plum tomatoes, cores removed
- 1 lb. fresh red bell peppers, seeds removed
- 1 lb. fresh carrots, not peeled, diced
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dry Italian Herb Blend
- 5½ oz. white onion
- 1 oz. whole garlic cloves
- 3 oz. sun dried tomatoes – plain
- 2 medium Yukon gold or sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 qts. RC Special Blend Vegetable Base, prepared
- 1 Tbsp. RC Special Blend Vegetable Base, dry
- 1 lb. soft tofu
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste, plain
- 2 Tbsp. cane sugar
- 2 oz. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2 On parchment lined sheet pans arrange tomatoes, peppers and carrots.
- 3 Sprinkle with olive oil and Italian herbs.
- 4 Roast in the oven until peppers and carrots are soft.
- 5 Reserve the oil used for roasting.
- 6 Place oil from roasting pans into a pot and add onion and garlic cloves.
- 7 Cook until onions start to caramelize, drain reserving the seasoned oil.
- 8 Discard caramelized onion and garlic.
- 9 In a soup pot combine roasted tomatoes, peppers, carrots and diced potato of your choice.
- 10 Add seasoned onion and garlic oil and 3 qts. of prepared RC Special Blend Vegetable Base.
- 11 Cover and bring mixture to a simmer, cooking until carrots and potatoes are fully cooked.
- 12 Add tofu and the rest of the ingredients.
- 13 Simmer for 15 minutes then puree the soup and season with additional dry RC Special Blend Vegetable Base to taste.
- 14 Serve with Daiya Dairy Free Cheddar Style Shreds
Nutritional Information per Serving: 8 oz. portion size
|Calories: 90; Calories from Fat: 35; Total Fat: 4g (6%); Saturated Fat: 0.5g (3%); Trans Fat: 0g (0%); Cholesterol: 0 mg (0%); Sodium: 370 mg (15%); Potassium: 459 mg; Total Carbohydrates: 12g (4%); Sugars: 7g Fiber: 2g (8%); Protein: 2g (%); Vitamin A: 45%; Vitamin C: 60%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 4 %|