Salmon and Asparagus Baked in Puff Pastry
10- 12 portions
- 2 - 2½ lb. whole salmon filet skin and pin bones removed
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, stems trimmed and peeled
- 1 pint RC Creamy Cucumber Dill Dressing Mix, prepared
- 2 - 10 X 12 inch sheets puff pastry
- egg wash
- 1 Trim any excess fat from salmon filets.
- 2 Cut salmon filet in half along lateral line.
- 3 Cut each in half again so they fit together on the puff pastry sheets leaving room to fold pastry around them completely.
- 4 Trim asparagus and peel stems.
- 5 Place puff pastry on parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- 6 Place peeled asparagus in center of puff pastry with tips facing the same direction, taking up the same space as the salmon filets will.
- 7 Coat the salmon filets with prepared RC Creamy Cucumber Dill Dressing Mix and place on top of asparagus.
- 8 Brush edge of puff pastry with egg wash and fold puff pastry over to encase all the ingredients.
- 9 The salmon filet should be on the bottom of the folded puff pastry.
- 10 Brush the entire surface of the salmon stuffed puff pastry with egg wash and then make a design of your choice on the puff pastry.
- 11 Refrigerate for 20 minutes then bake in a 350°F oven until the center of the salmon reaches 140°F and the puff pastry is a golden brown.
- 12 Let it rest for 10 minutes then slice to portion and plate over Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce.