- ½ lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, well chilled
- ¼ tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ tsp. Ginger Puree
- 2 tsp. minced chives
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- wonton wrappers
- 2 quarts prepared RC Liquid Seafood Consommé Prep
- 2 Tbsp. very small-diced water chestnuts
- 2-3 oz. heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. Shrimp Base
- 1 Refrigerate the bowl, lid and blade of a food processor for at least 15 minutes.
- 2 Using 20-30 second bursts, pulse the shrimp, Ginger Puree, chopped garlic and Shrimp Base.
- 3 Scrape the bowl and pulse again.
- 4 With the motor running add the yolk and slowly add the heavy cream.
- 5 As soon as the cream is incorporated stop the machine.
- 6 Fold in the water chestnuts, parsley and chives.
- 7 Follow the directions on the wonton wrappers and fill wontons with the shrimp mixture.
- 8 Bring the prepared RC Liquid Seafood Consommé Prep to a simmer.
- 9 Drop the filled wontons into the stock for 1-2 minutes or until they float.
- 10 Serve immediately.
- 11 For a unique wonton filling, try adding 2-3 tablespoons of orange marmalade and an additional 2 teaspoons of Ginger Puree to the above shrimp mixture.
- 12 Julienne the rind of an orange and blanch.
- 13 Use them as a garnish with your shrimp and orange wontons.
NotesSuggestions for garnishing your Shrimp Wonton Soup include:
- thinly sliced tofu
- lemon grass
- enoki mushrooms
- julienne chicken
- julienne pork
- poached shrimp
- bean sprouts
- poached scallops
- julienne peppers
- julienne herbed crepes
- sliced shitake mushrooms