Umami Chicken and Vegetables
50- 6 oz. portions
- 5 lbs. chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 3¾ lbs. onions, cut into large dice
- 2½ lbs. green pepper, diced
- 2½ lbs. whole baby corn, drained
- 2½ lbs. water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Low Sodium Advantage Chicken Base
- 1 gallon water
- 9 oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Roux
- 1¼ lbs. carrots, julienned
- 1¼ lbs. green cabbage, julienned
- 10 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. peeled garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. RC Ginger Puree
- 1½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ oz. RC Umami Sensations® Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powder
- ½ oz. RC Umami Sensations® Soy Sauce Powder
- ½ oz. RC Umami Sensations® Oyster Extract Powder
- 1 Slice chicken breasts into strips. Sauté garlic in oil until golden then add chicken and continue cooking.
- 2 Add onions, ginger, peppers, corn, chestnuts and mushrooms.
- 3 While stirring add sugar, crushed pepper and the RC Umami Sensations® Powders.
- 4 In a separate pot combine water and RC Hearty Foundations® Low Sodium Advantage Chicken Base, bring to a boil.
- 5 Heat RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Roux and slowly whisk in prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Low Sodium Advantage Chicken Base. Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 6 Add thickened RC Hearty Foundations® Low Sodium Advantage Chicken Base stock to chicken and vegetables.
- 7 Lastly add shredded cabbage and carrots, stir well and serve. Garnish with parsley when plating.