Vegetarian Pasta Bolognese
1 gallon of sauce
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 lb. white mushrooms
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 2 onions cut in small dice
- 2 oz. fresh garlic, minced
- 56 oz. fresh tomato concassée
- 1 qt. Hearty Foundations™ Reserve GF Gluten-Free Vegetable Base No Added MSG
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. Umami Sensations™ Shitake Mushroom Extract Powder
- 1 tsp. Umami Sensations™ Mirepoix Powder
- 1 tsp. Umami Sensations™ Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powder
- 1 Peel the skin from eggplant and butternut squash and cut all the vegetables into small dice.
- 2 Clean the mushrooms and pulse in a food processor until they are small “pea sized” pieces.
- 3 Do not puree, this is what will give the sauce the traditional Bolognese “ground meat look” when the sauce is finished.
- 4 Mix all the vegetables and mushrooms together and roast in a 400°F oven until just tender, save any liquor that they give off.
- 5 In a heavy gage sauce pot heat the olive oil then add the onions.
- 6 Cook until they start to caramelize then add the garlic and do the same.
- 7 Add the tomatoes, prepared RC Healthy Foundations® Reserve Gluten Free Vegetable Base and bring to a simmer.
- 8 Add herbs, roasted vegetables and RC Umami Sensations Shiitake Mushroom, Mirepoix and Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powders.
- 9 Bring sauce to a simmer and season with salt and pepper if necessary.