- 8 oz. wild mushrooms (crimini, oyster, portabella, shitake)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1/8 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. blended oil
- 1 gallon water
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tbsp. Mushroom Base
- 2 Tbsp. Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 leeks
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 Peel and julienne carrots.
- 2 Cut the celery ribs in half lengthwise, and cut them on a bias.
- 3 Remove the dark green part of the leeks and discard.
- 4 Split the white part lengthwise and julienne.
- 5 Rinse well and pat dry.
- 6 Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- 7 Heat the blended oil and lightly sauté the carrots, celery, leeks, mushrooms, chopped shallots and chopped garlic.
- 8 Add water, thyme, bay leaf, Mushroom Base, and Liquid Vegetable Consommé Prep and mix well.
- 9 Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 10 Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 11 Remove bay leaf before serving.