Cream of Green and Yellow Squash Soup
90 3 gallons
- 7 qts. water
- 5¼ oz. RC Special Blend Vegetable Base
- 2½ lbs. yellow turnip, cut into large dice
- 2½ lbs. zucchini, cut into large dice
- 4¼ lbs. yellow summer squash, cut into large dice
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6¾ oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Roux
- 2 Tbsp. RC Umami Sensations® Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powder
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 6 ¼ oz. white onion, diced
- 1¼ oz. garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 qts. Lactose free milk
- 2½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 4½ oz. RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Roux
- 2 oz. olive oil
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into medium dice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 In a large soup pot combine water and RC Special Blend Vegetable Base. Add diced yellow turnips and cook until turnips just start to get soft.
- 2 Add yellow and green summer squash, diced Yukon gold potatoes and RC Umami Sensations® Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powder.
- 3 Cover and simmer vegetables until turnips and potatoes are fully cooked, then puree in blender or with immersion blender.
- 4 Heat olive oil in a pot and add onions and garlic.
- 5 Cook until onion is golden brown, drain seasoned oil and reserve.
- 6 Discard caramelized onion and garlic.
- 7 In another pot, combine Lactose free milk, salt, ground white pepper and RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Roux.
- 8 Bring mixture to a simmer stirring frequently.
- 9 Whisk together the thickened seasoned Lactose free milk and onion and garlic seasoned oil to pureed vegetables.
- 10 Garnish with diced carrots cooked in 2 oz. olive oil and fresh thyme.
Special Blend Vegetable Base, Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Roux,
Umami Sensations™ Roasted Chinese Cabbage Powder
Nutritional Information per Serving: 8 oz. portion size
|Calories: 90; Calories from Fat: 40; Total Fat: 4g (6%); Saturated Fat: 0g (0%); Trans Fat: 0g (0%); Cholesterol: 0mg (0%); Sodium: 480mg (20%); Potassium: 298mg; Total Carbohydrates: 10g (3%); Sugars: 4g; Fiber: 1g (4%); Protein: 3g; Vitamin A: 30%; Vitamin C: 30%; Calcium: 6%; Iron: 2%|