Cucumber and Crab Vichyssoise
- 3½ Tbsp. Crab Base
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 package Cream of Potato Leek
- 1 gallon milk
- 2 gallons water
- 12 oz. Unseasoned Cream Sauce
- ¾ cup Golden Vegetable Base
- 12 cucumbers
- 1 Combine RC Cream of Potato Leek Soup Mix, RC Unseasoned Cream Sauce, RC Golden Vegetable Base, RC Crab Base, milk and water together in a heavy gauge soup pot and mix.
- 2 If a double boiler is used, reduced stirring will be required.
- 3 Cook soup mixture until potatoes are soft.
- 4 Peel and seed cucumbers and puree.
- 5 Heat mixture to minimum of 165°F.
- 6 Strain soup in a china cap and chill.