Polish Dill Pickle Soup
- 8 oz. butter
- 2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 gallon prepared RC Hearty Foundations® Chicken or Vegetable Base
- 12 large garlic dill pickles
- 12 oz. liquid from pickle jar
- 8 oz. RC Dill Sauce, prepared
- 12 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 oz. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sour cream
- Salt and black pepper
- Sugar to taste, if desired
- Chopped fresh dill for garnish, if desired
- 1 Melt butter in a large pot, then add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 2 Add broth, pickles, pickle liquid, RC Dill Sauce and potatoes.
- 3 Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4 Blend flour with sour cream.
- 5 Temper sour cream mixture with a little hot soup.
- 6 Pour tempered sour cream into hot soup, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil.
- 7 Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 8 Adjust seasoning, adding sugar if desired.
- 9 The soup can be left chunky or pureed to the velvety consistency of vichyssoise. Can also serve in heated bowls garnished with chopped fresh dill, if desired