Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Bisque
- 12 red bell peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 3 qts. prepared RC No Added MSG Crab Base
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 gallon RC Classic Seasoned Cream Soup Mix, prepared to label instructions
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder
- 6 oz. sweet sherry wine
- 3 lbs. crabmeat, shell removed
- 1 Place the red bell pepper quarters skin-side up on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
- 2 Broil until the skins have blackened, then place them in a brown paper bag or in a covered bowl and allow them to steam for approximately 10 minutes to loosen the skins.
- 3 Once the skins have loosened, peel them off and discard.
- 4 Coarsely chop the peeled, roasted peppers and place into a large saucepan along with olive oil and garlic.
- 5 Sauté mixture until garlic starts to turn golden brown, then add onions, celery and carrots.
- 6 Cook until onion becomes transparent and add prepared RC no added MSG Crab Base and chopped potato.
- 7 Bring to a boil then add bay leaf and thyme. Reduce heat and simmer mixture covered until vegetables are soft and potatoes are thoroughly cooked, 20-25 minutes.
- 8 Remove bay leaf and puree the mixture in a blender or immersion blender and strain.
- 9 Bring strained mixture to a simmer and add prepared RC Classic Seasoned Cream Soup Mix, cayenne pepper and RC Umami Sensations® Mirepoix Powder.
- 10 Add sherry and picked crab meat and simmer bisque for 10-15 minutes.
- 11 Garnish with crab meat, crème fraîche and chopped chives.