- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 each shucked mussels, scallops and clams
- 1 lb. rock shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 ribs celery, small- diced
- 3 cups tomato concassé
- 2 leeks, whites only, julienne
- 2 carrots, small-diced
- 1 zucchini, small-diced
- 2 ears corn, kernels only
- 1 green pepper, small diced
- 2 tsp. each, chopped rosemary, thyme and oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 oz. RC Seafood Base
- 1½ gallons water
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 lb. small pasta, cooked
- 1 Heat half of the olive oil and sauté the chopped shallots.
- 2 Add the white wine and seafood.
- 3 Cover and steam until nearly done.
- 4 In a separate stockpot, heat the remaining olive oil and sauté the chopped garlic, vegetables and herbs.
- 5 Add the Seafood Base, water and tomato paste to vegetables.
- 6 Add seafood mixture to vegetable stock and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- 7 Add the cooked beans and pasta and simmer an additional 3-5 minutes.