- *For the Crab Cake Mixture*
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons Old Bay® Seasoning
- 3 tsp. RC Crab Base or for a Gluten Free Crab Cake use RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Crab Base
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 – 1¼ cups good quality GF mayonnaise
- 2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Gluten Free Soy Sauce Powder
- 4 lbs. jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 small diced red pepper
- 1 small diced green pepper
- 8 each scallions minced
- 5 cups fresh GF white breadcrumbs
- canola oil for sautéing the crab cakes
- *For the Crab Cake Benedict Filling*
- 20 poached eggs
- 20 split and toasted English muffins
- 2 lbs. sautéed spinach seasoned with RC Hearty Foundations® Smart Sodium 400® Vegetable Base, dry
- 2½ qts. RC Hollandaise Sauce Mix, prepared
- 8 oz. RC Dill Sauce Mix, Prepared- (combine both prepared RC Hollandaise Sauce Mix with RC Dill Sauce Mix for a Dill flavored Hollandaise Sauce)
- 1 Combine the egg, Old Bay® Seasoning, RC Crab Base or RC Hearty Foundations® Gluten-Free Crab Base, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice and RC Umami Sensations® Gluten Free Soy Sauce Powder then mix well.
- 2 Add the cleaned crabmeat, peppers, scallions and half of the breadcrumbs and toss gently.
- 3 Adjust the consistency with breadcrumbs.
- 4 Shape into cakes and sauté until lightly browned on both sides.
- 5 To plate the dish: on each toasted muffin half, place 1½ oz. sautéed spinach then a fully prepared and hot crab cake topped with hot poached egg.
- 6 Then ladle 4 oz. of Dill Flavored Hollandaise Sauce over the poached egg.
- 7 Garnish with fresh dill sprigs and lemon.