Open Faced Strawberry Shortcake with Lemongrass Scented Chantilly Cream
- 1 loaf butter or lemon pound cake, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, washed
- 1 - 16 oz. bottle RC Strawberry Coulis Mix, prepared to label instructions
- ⅛ tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder, added to RC Strawberry Coulis Mix Sauce Mix
- 1 - 10 oz. pkg. RC Instant Pastry Cream Mix
- 1 qt. cold milk
- 1 – 16 oz. pkg. RC Vanilla Bavarian Mix
- ½ tsp. RC Lemongrass Flavor
- 1 – 16 oz. bottle RC Crème Anglaise Dessert prepared to label instructions
- lemon zest and fresh mint for garnish
- 1 Wash fresh strawberries and let dry. Remove tops and slice into ½ inch wide slices and toss with prepared RC Strawberry Coulis Mix and RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder. Keep refrigerated.
- 2 Prepare RC Instant Pastry Cream Mix and RC Vanilla Bavarian Mix separately according to label instructions, then fold together with RC Lemongrass Flavor.
- 3 Keep refrigerated until ready to plate, this mixture becomes the Chantilly Cream for the dessert.
NotesTo Plate: On a pre-chilled dessert plate, portion 1 oz. of prepared RC Crème Anglaise Dessert Sauce Mix. Place slice of pound cake in center of plate and top with 2-3 oz. of the Lemongrass Scented Chantilly Cream. Top with 1 oz. sliced strawberries mixed with RC Coulis and Red Miso Powder, garnish with lemon zest, fresh mint and some additional RC Strawberry Coulis Mix. Value Added Suggestion: The RC Strawberry Coulis Mix can be made with ⅓ Red Wine and ⅔ cold water for more savory notes with the strawberries. RC Whipped Topping can also be used to decorate the finished dessert plate or served on the side.
Instant Pastry Cream Mix, Vanilla Bavarian Mix, Umami Sensations™ Red Miso Powder, Lemongrass Flavor