- 8 cups prepared sliced fresh strawberries tossed with prepared RC Strawberry Coulis – divided
- 4 cups thinly sliced rhubarb stems
- ½ tsp. RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder
- 8 - 9 inch wide circles of pie dough rolled ¼ inch thick
- 4 cups prepared RC Instant Pastry Cream
- milk to brush crust
- 8 Tbsp. extra coarse baking sugar
- powdered sugar to dust
- 1 In a nonreactive sauce pan, combine half the sliced strawberries tossed in prepared RC Strawberry Coulis, sliced rhubarb stems and RC Umami Sensations® Red Miso Powder.
- 2 Bring mixture to a simmer stirring frequently until rhubarb is tender.
- 3 Cool to at least 40°F then add the remainder of the sliced fresh strawberries tossed in prepared RC Strawberry Coulis Mix.
- 4 To assemble the galette, place a circle of pie dough on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- 5 Spread ½ cup prepared RC Instant Pastry Cream on pie crust starting in the center, leaving a 2-inch border on outer edge.
- 6 Then place 1½ cups of the cooked and cooled Strawberry and Rhubarb mixture in the center and spread evenly to cover RC Instant Pastry Cream.
- 7 Fold pie dough over filling, tucking dough back under to create a fold every 3-4 inches. Brush crust with milk, then dust with extra coarse baking sugar.
- 8 Bake in a 375°F oven for approximately 35 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
- 9 Cool the gallet for 10 minutes, dust with powdered sugar and cut into 6 portions.