Creamy Two Way Salmon Soup
- 2 packages RC Seafood Bisque
- 1 gallon water
- 1 gallon milk
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1 bunch celery
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 12 oz. sherry
- 1¾ oz. RC Fish Base
- 2 quarts water
- 3¼ lbs. salmon filet
- 1 lb. smoked salmon
- 16 oz. RC Dill Sauce Mix, prepared
- 4 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1 Mix cold milk and 1 gallon cold water together with 2 packages RC Seafood Bisque and prepare per package instructions.
- 2 Peel skin on cucumber and carrots and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- 3 Wash celery well and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- 4 Place cucumber, carrots and celery in food processor and pulse until just minced but not pureed.
- 5 In a small pot heat olive oil and add chopped shallots.
- 6 Sauté 3-4 minutes and add minced vegetables.
- 7 Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8 Add sherry and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 9 Add 2 quarts water and RC Fish Base, bring to a simmer and add to cooked RC Seafood Bisque.
- 10 Remove skin from salmon filet and cut fresh and smoked salmon into ¼ inch dice, then add to simmering soup mix with prepared RC Dill Sauce Mix.
- 11 Cook soup until mixture reaches 155°F.
- 12 Add fresh chopped dill when serving.